Friday 22 August 2008

No internet and no beer make cbob... something something

And so my brief sojourn into the mythical RL ends. Two weeks after moving in, modem, isp and phone line align, and my third arm (or something) is reattached. And I get to play MMOs again, yay!

During my downtime, I finished Half Life 2: Episode 2 (although no gnome yet), and am in the last, insanely hard part of Cave Story, a whimsical little platformer in the vein of Metroid and Castlevania. I've also nearly finished writing up my one level D&D adventure, and have started playing Exalted, wherein I am a pirate armed with huge hammers, and a kinda-vaguely-roughly Russian accent. Who can jump 30 yards at a time. It's all very odd and very anime. Which is fun.

I was also a guest on the Van Hemlock Podcast 13 at a chili fiesta, where I severely damaged my tastebuds, and put forth some controversial opinions on things. Have a listen, its good fun.

I also have a couple of interesting things I'm poking at, that should see light here at some point, as well as a couple of posts brewing on topics I listed a couple of posts ago, although not fully fleshed yet.

But for those who care about such things, despite my absence I aten’t dead quite yet

No comments: