Monday 6 August 2007

Obligatory Lich King Post

I seem to like covering the 'if you've been hiding under a rock' posts, so if you don't know what I'm refering to in the title of this post, I'm sure you can find out plenty more on basically all the sites linked to the right.

Frankly, I'm not impressed. Woo, another ten levels. Good point: more leveling, as thats what Blizzard seems to be best at. Bad point: mise well give up raiding again.

Woo, hero class requires repeating content that you have to have done at least once through.

I think it says a lot that two of the headline features are 'change your hairstyle' and 'new dances'. Great. Could we get some actual useful gameplay please?

My plan for WLK is the following: Get in the beta, see everything, go back to leveling my rogue. If it turns out that its a carbon copy of TBC with 'weird and wonderful' swapped for 'snow and trees', then I won't bother getting it at all I expect.

The one 'feature' that stands out the most to me as 'broken mechanic' is an increase in the skill cap to 450. Surely thats just mudflation staring out of the feature list? If my 375 skill tailoring gear lasts me to 75, the level that 375 skill equates to, I'll be very surprised.

tl;dr version: not impressed, probably won't buy.

No comments: