Tuesday 28 August 2007

Pan's Labyrinth

I recently saw the film Pan's Labyrinth; it is rather good. I found myself rather disappointed that they didn't do more with some parts of it.

I realise that the story would be lost if they went with more of the magical parts, the fact that it is just this girl, but all the same, I want to know what the deal is with the pale guy.

For those of you haven't seen it (semi-spoilers zomg!), the protagonist is in a room with a guy with no eyes and great big claws, who's just sitting there. Its pretty creepy. He eventually comes to life, inserting eyeballs into the palms of his hands and chasing the protagonist like this. This is even more creepy.

The thing is that the room is covered in freizes of the dude attacking people, but no explanation as to why he's there. I want to know more! (and I figure that was the idea)

Anyway, I loved the design of the creatures in it, and I fully expect to steal bits and pieces for the first D&D game I run. Creepyness like that deserves to be recycled.

No comments: